Unburdening the Motherland


Darkest night I had ever seen,
No moon & stars up there,
as if they were hiding.
While I was getting back from my work
Street lights were fluttering on-off
in a strangely unusual way, not all, some
Street was empty
No birds or stray dogs or else 
It was not mid night!
The apartments were closed

There was nothing but silence in the air
It was hard to breathe,
As I felt vacuum

When I shouted,
my voice didn’t come back
no echoes
Then I shouted hard..

“Where is all the rush today?”
thinking, I was walking steadily,
But hastening out of growing curiosity
and fear

Down the way,
Saw the reflection of light on the street
Reflection from the fresh blood
I ran 
No body seen visible
Nothing at all, but fresh blood
I ran fast, faster!
fell once,
balanced myself! Fell again!
I was increasingly becoming curious
and scared 
I saw nothing but blood
Blood! All over...
But no body, no one! nothing!

And it started raining, heavily
Rain and no wind.
I couldn't shout.. I tried to...
The blood on the street started to dilute
And washing away draining through the underground pipes

“But what are those voices now?”
thought, as I heard many voices
Many, many voices,
Coming from underground pipes

All humans were packed inside the tunnel
Shouting, struggling for air... 
They were hiding out of fear,
Some gasping voices
shivering... 

As I turned back to hear something in my back,
I was slaughtered to death


"God came that day on earth"













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek