Ride and the Kalsubai Trek

It was a two-day trip from my stay at Mumbai. I drove in the evening a previous day. Having have rode my meteor a good 2500Kms, It was comparatively adjusting to ride 160km from Mumbai to the area near the peak. I have felt that if the trip is pre-planned, it helps you enrich your experience. There is so much more that we can explore and that does help us save time, energy and some money as well. I write with the same intention.

Material carrying is important. Wearing bike accessories is essential for safety. This time while driving in the late hours, I felt that I should also carry items like pepper spray, a mat & torch. I carried a battery back up this time which made me feel safer, so to say. To remain ensured during the trip helps to enjoy better. I was calm due to it.

I had put Kalsubai peak in the google map. Somehow I was going in the wrong direction. I had planned that I would find some tenting service nearby and sleep inside it during the night. I got to know that people are actually trekking during the eve time and sleeping near the peak. One of the trekkers told me that he saw a clear star-litted sky and I could only nod in the awe of his experience. I don't have regrets as I am gonna come here again! Having have rode 160km, I was tired and wanted to sleep good. I found a good home stay some 16 km away from the base.

I was skeptical to drive at the dark hours. It was obvious anxiety what would I do if something happens to the bike. Meteor is a good 200 kg. Helping to my confidence, I found locals friendlier. As I was driving wrong, I managed to get that corrected as a local person whom I gave lift told me later. I woke up at 6 AM. Kalsubai peak is famous for the breathtaking sunset and sun rise views. My trek had started at 7:35 AM which is atleast 4 hours late. Friends, start early.

During the weekends, there is a usual traffic at the peak too. It was a moderate trek for the trekkers. To me, it was the toughest till now. I have not trekked so much, so to say. Kalsubai, as you know is the highest peak of Maharashtra. I liked the natural abundance of the site. The one mentionable thing is that some of the people are cluelessly throwing away plastics at the mountain. This is something not acceptable... It breaks out heart to see such dumps in the area. During the return time, I saw a fellow trekker shouting at another who randomly threw a bottle.

If you do plan a trek here, wear good shoes that has no flat spikes, carry a foldable trekking stick (or a wooden one), wear stretching pants. Carrying goggles will help. Cover your face with something to avoid the extra sun and the dust. One of my observations is that there is lot of soil near the peak. It was dusty. People were skidding due to it. Near the peak, there were many people. I understood that there is soil erosion due to people walking continuously. That's the dust filling our noses. Throughout the trek you will find locals selling you water and eateries.

Well, having completed my trek, I sat somewhere to watch the base village - Bari, from afar. This natural richness people are blessed with is unparallel. I wish that the urban cities are once again make greenery a universal usual...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts