Morning travel tale in Mumbai local


It was a cloudless morning. Everything seemed normal when I was well dressed in formals and choosing to start my day off the door from my place. Out of nowhere it started to rain in peace. There were patches of clouds that can be seen. I chose to wait in hope. Mumbai rain departs in no time. You never know.

Starting early is a survival skill, else one can get stuck in crazy traffic. Peak hour was about to start. It was still raining.. After a whole 360 seconds (every minute counts), I decided to check on the Uber. Whush!! It's running on double rates. Perplexed I waited a little more. Thereafter I rolled up my sleeves and quitted my plan to ride to office. I picked up my umbrella in stuffed fear & started for the nearby local station. It's raining in force. 

I reached the platform to find a crazy crowd staring at their screens and elsewhere. It seemed that the trains are running late. One unique day, huh? This is 8:30 AM. I am alresdy 30 minutes running behind. One train came and went. I couldn't find guts to board it. It was air-packed with breathing humans. But I was prepared for the next one. I kept all the elevtronic devices inside the bag. With forceful conviction and arm pushing, I was inside between a group of equally aspiring & enthusiastic travelers. I was sweating. Monday was so real. At least 5 people were pressing against me from different sides. There were people half-hanging from the door of the running train.

I had to switch my train at Thane. This is peak traveling hours. There is a large number of crowd who are running, staring at their phone, wanting to start their working hours and yeah, plan for a peaceful return journey. These days, I see people making insta-reels educating others to start their day in peace and with a spirituality. I wonder how is it possible here.

Hard to deny that traveling like this is a mental and an act of physical violence. We curse people for pushing us & not making enough space.

There are people who get phone calls from their bosses asking about their whereabouts. I wonder about our cloths too. Anyway, I am not describing the further journey. I reached my office in about 1.5 hours... I wishbI could find another bath. 

Needless to say, it's a struggle to reach office at Mumbai. Next time, I am not trusting rains..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek

Why am I a Vegetarian?