Will let you go

Stranded to a storm
Tired, amazed, mesmerized, torn
I looked at the flowing river
Flowing full to the shore and quiver
Cutting it, taking pieces along
Yet shore is quiet
"I am that shore"

Stood there
I gazed at a pearl nearby
Shining, like,
someone in my memory
In memory, of April
And the storm
Made me dizzy
Yet amazed
I stood helpless
"I am that helplessness"

The sky kept roaring bravely
Yet not giving a single drop
Seemed greedy,
like a bad monarch
Below on the tarred land, I stood
Looking at his darkening anger
Anger, but no rage, powerless
"I am that anger"

I looked at my weight,
My shivering hands
'Would you not hide yourself from me?'
I asked myself
What, today, that you make me feel
Alone and lonely, yet not empty
No one, but someone
"I am that no one"

I closed my eyes
I looked at the non-empty emptiness
I kept gazing inside
It was not dark
I had to swim deep
Finally
Frequented with a smile
Calm
I surrendered to...
the storm inside me
My memories
"I am those memories"

And one day
Standing on the departing shore
Accepting my helplessness
When, sky, would you rain
Clenching the 'no one'
I will let my memories go
What will thus remain?
Your fragrance
"I am that fragrance"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek