Gone spider

I had a spider cob-webbed at the corner of the wall near my bedding. A small spider, brown in color, always remained at her place, doing nothing at all. For the last one week, I acknowledged her existence near me. I stopped feeling alone in my flat. She was always nearby at a sight distance. Sometimes with her immobility, I would think that she is dead. But then I move closer to her to check, and she reciprocates contracting her limbs, still afraid of me, I guess. Humans can’t be trusted anyway.


Well today when I first observed her place, she was gone! She was not there. But her departure has left the place empty. Do I miss her? Where must she have gone, I wonder. She must be nearby. She may have got fed seeing my face each day. I swear, I never even tried to hurt her. She had her own personal space. Even though she is gone, her web is as it was. 

I hope she will come back. I hope that next time may be in the evening when I wake up with a nap, I will find her in her place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek