Late night, late December

Late night, 
Late December
Late my train, 
So I sat, 
Shivering in cold

Few people on the platform,

Even the food-stalls were closing...
I preferred sitting in open,
On steel welded-caged chairs
Under no roof but shining stars, 
And few flying clouds

Shoe were tied,
Woolen jacket was up till neck
Both hands, 
Joined and contracted between the legs
When I saw a poor man,
Adjusting the torn out woolen blanket to cover his legs

I removed “Coldplay” from ears, when
The man waved something
And it passed deaf
Said, he again,
“Could you hear the whistling sound of cold wind?”
“Yup”, I replied
“I like it”, the old man happily murmured, and
And lied down gazing the vast, vast sky

Soon my shivering went away…

After awhile,
My train arrived






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek