With what little in mind...

With what little in mind,
And the strangling thoughts,
I get prepare for the job.
I follow the procedures, all like a synchronized machine
A machine which can think, but spare no time for it
I bathed,
I dressed up in time,
Polished my shoes,
Combed my hair,
And there were too many thoughts to come on a single conclusion
The thoughts keep on running like the queue of ants, unstoppable, continuously,
I think of past, present and worry about my future

As I was ready, I picked up my lunch box to rush to the office
I locked the door, kept the keys in the upper chain of my bag.
Keys, they are important part of life.
For all the unopened doors and imprisoned thoughts,
I wish I could let free my thoughts
As I was getting late, I walked fast towards the highway, through the streets.

As usual, there were cars, trucks, buses, motor cycles, cycles busily rushing past each other
Highways are meant to create rush in the life
If one stops in the way, then others has to
So the traffic keeps rushing,
Like there is no time remaining to live
Like it is going to be the end
They are horning, shouting, getting irritated
But they hold one thing in common, confused mind.

The day is milder, indicating the approaching winter.
I didn’t sweat.
I rushed to halt an auto, confirmed the price and get carried
After, I was part of the highway,
& Part of the confused minds

While passing I peeked out of the open doors of auto,
Air was moving in, with dust and smoke in it
Rushing past the people, people getting rushing past by me
I looked to their faces, some did saw mine
I keep on looking at the watch, as if this action would speed up the auto,
Same journey it was, different & new faces on the highways, same faces on the stalls sideways
One could not tell what is going on others life, just by looking for a moment at their faces


As usual, there were people in rugged cloth on the red light who were asking for money,
Disgusting it feels to see children in age of your sibling, striving for food, proper cloth and education
Helpless I was, feeding few pennies, I moved on

Through many red-green traffic lights, watching many faces,
Struck in strangling thoughts, my office arrived.

 With what little in mind,
The strangling thoughts,
I get prepare for the job.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek