Another Sunday

Time is inconstant. I wait for my phone to not ring. I wait for the weekends. The exuberance that I will do something on the day make me over realize. There are no concrete plans till the day is there. All burst into nothingness. At actual, I lay spread at my room, dozing, not dozing, severally looking at mobile screen, mobile notifications, watching random lectures and so on. As the day passes by, I complete unending tasks that keep coming in mind. I took my pants to the tailor and got it done. I ironed my dump of clothes. I video-called my mother and talked calmly. I made my own food. I pushed up and did the sit ups.

It's afternoon. The windows are open. I saw a bird nest over the branch of the tree. No idea of the human neighbors, but I have this bird duo who takes turn to guard the nest. For some time now, the lady bird has kept her mouth open, no idea why. Very recently, a tree standing next to theirs was cut down in half. Many of the insects, birds and crows became homeless. I wonder, will there be anxiety among them. They would not be so easily forgetting these traumas? I hope they find another space in the contracting earth of expanding universe... Meanwhile, my window is more exposed to the outer world. I am reminded that I need curtains.

I passed the afternoon in a slow faith. I did not know when did I hugged the bed. I have slept enough to calm my mental nerves. Such small pleasure... It seems I have prepared myself for the weekdays.

The evening has touched the skies. I felt boring. There is regret on the surface. Why didn't I go the place I was supposed to? What will happen to the travel dream? There is a swing in mood. There is frustration. There is a long for company. I wear certain cargo and the closest shirt in hand. I closed the windows and locked the doors. I get down frantically from the society. Oh, I forgot something. It's ok. It's manageable. Let not time be run down over me. I need to catch a little life. Where to? Let's see.

The boredom pushed me out of the house. I hate this. I called no one. This is already late. It's time for a ride. It's time to swirl the accelerator and run away from this urban land. Isn't it late? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! What's wrong with you? What's wrong with me?! Is it not basic to crave a little life? Define life. Oh, these extra thoughts... These extra ruffling buzz inside the sweet head. I had headed towards the highway. I marked my presence on the country. I drove away only realizing a brewing smile on the face.. Speed, wind, freedom... Huh!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek

Why am I a Vegetarian?