Myth I believed, Myth other students believe


Today I was talking with my younger sister in the 9th standard. We were discussing regarding her studies. Later I told her about my own study plans to which she surprisingly said, “Till when are you going to study?”, “you will get old doing studies”, and “you have now got the job, why are you leaving it?”… I had similar questions in my mind when I was younger, perhaps at her age. I had the statistics that by 25 I will have a job & afterward I will work for a good 30 years before my retirement. I used to look at students doing their PhDs, postgraduates or studying for some other competitive examinations & think that they have been studying since so long & it is futile for them to study till age 30. When will they work & start to earn?! Because the statistics worked simply for me, “more the time one works, more the money one earns". I never cared about the ownership and internal satisfaction which is a playful factor as well. There are people who work half-heartedly thinking about all the things they could do if they had not been stuck in a job. This at times goes frustratingly because you don’t know what to do.


Yes, it is tremendously hard to leave the job when actually you started acquiring a sense of pleasure and liking towards it. Besides, in 3-4 years you have evolved on getting a touch of the real world, real market & the day-to-day learning. I can even say that I am leaving my job in order to come back by being a better person. The decision should cause satisfaction to you; else you will soon be seeking out options like a pendulum, “Should I do, or should I not do?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek