Departure

The train was now passing through intermittent green landscapes, thick & dense forests, small & large farmlands, barren plains, countryside's narrow roads, far scattered huts, and aloof brick spaces. It was almost evening when I boarded the train. It was winter. A thin mist was covering the lands. As time passed, the sky through the window of the train appeared in several mixes of colors. In no time it was getting darker. I was having a slow realization that I am moving away from the space I call home. I was drifting away from the people who speak a similar language as I do and who don the cultural appearance as I do. I could still feel how it is to be there. 

I am sure I felt a bit envious looking at the people through the window sitting in their farms, strolling in their lands, remaining in their homes. It's bad that people have to travel out of their comfort zones. This breaks the status quo and it does hurt a bit.

Inside the train, people were already strange and individualistic. They all carried some luggage and probably a heavy heart. Almost no one was smiling. They sat crouched in their reserved seats. We all were being willingly deported to a foreign space. We had goals. We were all running out to make a change.

I am one of them in a way. I was also someone who is ready to leave it behind for something that was harshly real, at times uncomfortable & mostly unknown. It's a chance gem when someone would empathize with you. It doesn't happen as such. The heart remains shut for longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek