At Jalna

It's a clear day at Jalna. Unclouded blue sky is radiating yellowish sun-rays all around. I stand at the public bus station waiting for a person to pick me up. I arrived a while ago. It's nearing 1'O clock in the afternoon. With temperature calming to 42 degree celcius, I feel confused & little sweaty. Over my formals, I am wearing a cotton Gamchha across my neck and intermittently over the head. It helped me to protect from the heat. 

I rushed outside and found a shadowy spot by the shop of a tea seller. There are customers at the shop. It's around the corner of the station. A series of buses passed before me raising dust & black carbon into the air. Unaffected, not too many except me covered their noses to not inhale the soot.

Jalna is part of the 'Marathwada' region. It recently got famous because of the high number of farmer's suicide news in the media. To put it in right context, If it doesn't rain enough for a year, there is going to be water scarcity. It has happened before.

At this part of the country, local men generally wear white. They also don a white cap whose history is probably linked with the independence struggle. Some people also call it a Gandhi cap. Whatever it should be, wearing white is the best way to not absorb heat!

At the station, there is a healthy crowd vouching for the travel. There are a dozen buses at the station. It seems that the adamant heat is becoming a lesser reason for the people to not come out of their houses & there goes the economy! People should travel & trade more if it simply be easier to do so.

I reached the city of Jalna from the adjacent city of Aurangabad. At Aurangabad, I boarded a public bus from the bus stand. It was an interesting one-and-half-hour journey... Away from the desk job & the too perfect urban locality, seeing empty landscapes is quiet satisfying to ones soul. :')

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek