Sihangad base


Well, let me ride you along to our today’s cycle trip to Sihangad trekking base. It was a ride, for me it started at 4:30 AM today when I woke up & rushed to prepare as I have to catch up the group at 5:30AM from Sangam Bridge, Pune. From my home at Salunke Vihar, it is a 10 KM ride to Sangam Bridge. It is easy to ride during the early morning hours when it is dark, cold, traffic less streets & a down train path. I reached there in less than 20 minutes from my home with an average speed of 30km/hr. The route passing through Shivaji Nagar, I have ridden earlier & I like it. It passes through the center of city, through Pune Camp, MG road, Shivaji Nagar, Deccan, Karve Nagar, Khadakwasla, Dam, base & back. I had the jersey, shoes, front & back lights ON, & yes the speedometer with me. I forgot gloves. I have not bought the essential helmet yet. Reaching Sangam Bridge, Abhijit Sir helped me with his spare helmet. So I rode along with helmet ON & let me tell you I was more confident while riding. I also learned few tips from Abhijit related to cycling, he leads the group.

Interacted with the new people in group and ride is entertaining with one. We push our limits more in a group than riding single because more people will be there to support you for a longer ride which could be tiresome. I like on road cycling and like every other cyclist’s dream to find a better route for cycling, I like the smooth one in a colder weather.

We reached at the Sihangad Base at 8:10 AM almost. There we all had Poha, Misal Pav, Milk, Pana, and Tea as breakfast at Gurudutt restaurant.  BY 8:35AM we were back riding in patches. Sun had already been shining & heating up. I was exhausted in the end as last one hour ride was hard. Home arrived at 1035AM. Today I rode 72kms. So it started on 430AM & completed on 01:30PM officially till then I have had a bath and a good sleep. When you are tired, sleep is lovelier.

I have liked to ride cycle. Pune is a good location to start one such adventure & later could increase to farer sites. One can opt for any one of the many routes available & there are better numbers of cycling enthusiasts in Pune. And it feels good to get thumbs up from a crossing cyclist on the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek