The man in the red dress...


I am Rohit Sharma, an Indian. There are people of many different religions, castes that live in India. People of India do seek unity in diversity until it comes to them to perform their duty or to sacrifice their own interest. So, Indians expect a lot from others, expect self. I don’t know much about myself. I do have a feeling of patriotism.

My family follows the Hindu religion, so do I. Like all the religions, Hindu religion is also exquisitely beautiful. It contains deep beliefs, understanding and teachings. Somehow I believe that it has been a bit distorted from its true meaning. I don’t want to dishonor any religion. I know every religion is equally beautiful and diverse. But I am angry because of the selfish distortions that have been made in it.

First day of the month of May’15, I went to seek blessings of Maa kamakhya with my family in Guwahati. The temple is situated in the peak of a hill. People from around the world come to pay a visit here, so beautiful the temple premises are. Thus a huge crowd is always present inside the temple to see the Maa. As soon as we entered through the metal detecting machine, a man wearing a red kurta and lungi approached my father. His intentions were not clear in the beginning. I expected myself and my family to stand in a long queue like all the others pilgrims and it was a tedious & time consuming job. However, the red man wanted to pull us out from this situation. His body language was flattering to my father. He proposed a well-organized plan to my father. There were three kinds of queues that were leading to the Maa. These three queues can be distinguished with the help of their dissimilar lengths and weights of the pocket of people standing there. The shortest queue pilgrims would be the first to see Maa and vice-versa. However, according to the plan proposed, it will cost you 500 Indian rupees to be the part of the shortest queue, 100 Indian rupees for the medium queue and nothing to join the longest queue. So, now religion was commercialized perfectly.

The man in the red attire who was supposed to be the prime servant of Maa was corrupted by the system, the greed for money, nothing else. He was worried how to persuade us that the shortest queue is the best option for us. It doesn’t really matter if some poor, hardworking, faithful, innocent and ever over-exploited pilgrims are further exploited. Their time is less important according to the new system. Well, I think it's a serious issue. The system is discriminating humans with their bank balance! Wait! God is equal to everyone. Isn't it?

So, the man in the red dress
You are being watched
Be careful...
Beware...

 Sigh... Incredible India...

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek