Week 1 – Meteor 350



It was a long held dream to have my own Royal Enfield. Back when I was a child, bullet would amaze me in the roads & it has this rowdy feel attached with it. I had fallen in love with the RE’s Thunderbird model in 2017 when I first rode it. Due to some of my own reasons, I never purchased it. Thereafter came a long career gap of study and the plan remained in hang.

I talk on my own behalf and here is what I specifically feel. 20s-30s is the golden period of our lives. We have the most energy. We are optimistic. We are adventurous. We have the gut feel that we could do anything. Cruising on road for a long ride needs to be supported by your body and your mind. Do we recall a season of the Friend’s web series, when Chandler, Ross & Joey talks about how is it to be a 30 year old? You like to relax and sleep early. In short, get your own bike as soon as you feel that you are craving it deeply. Think not much…

It's been the end of the week one. Whenever I see my bike, it empowers me from inside. It gives me the special feeling. The bike is a beast and it carries great power. With power comes the hunger & so the mileage. The bike weighs 200kg approximately. It’s heavy and it picks up speed in no time when you twist that accelerator. Right now, I have observed the mileage of 25-27km/liter. While riding the bike, or while getting stuck at dead traffic of Mumbai, I remind myself that how my choosing the bike is a lifestyle decision and not just a transport need. I wanted this badly and so be it.

I was discussing the on-road price of the bike with someone who is riding a 2017 make RE Classic and I was not surprised with his own reaction of the price touching in doubles. He bought his bike in 1.5Lakh. He regularly maintains his bike and it costs him somewhere 4-5k every two months. That’s not too unfair. He rides his bike proudly.

So I have completed a 500 Km ride last Sunday. The first service is recommended at 500km or at the 1.5 months’ time period. I got it done yesterday. Okay, it costed me 2k bucks. I was little surprised at the quotation. The brand is not very loud at it and I almost thought that it would be completely free. These are certain price shocks that I am trying to come in terms with. I am neutral with it.

Now comes the list of things that I further need to be installed in my bike. It is 1) Mobile stand, 2) Leg guard, 3) sump guard. I need the cream that keeps the bike clean. I need to read about it. I also need a bike cover to protect the bike from dust, rain and shine. I need a visor that covers the jaw portion through the helmet. I understand that these will cost me around 20k bucks more.

Lastly, I feel great that I am finally owning a RE bike. I would keep to it.

Bye!!

Comments

Popular Posts