the incessant rain


For the last 48 hours, I have been listening to the pour of raindrops over the earth surface, houses and trees, over the tarpaulin sheet above my balcony.. Last night as I dingled along a tiring sleep, forawhile it occured to me that someone has been calming my anxious senses throughout the chorus-full night. I woke up early and I still found the sound of rain. I opened the door of my balcony and looked at the violet sky. No wonder, we call this phase of weather as some kind of Season. They say it's the season of rain. As I stood grey looking out, I knew that some very recent day it was a lot of humidity around and it was kind of hard to bear it on my skin. I wished for the day in front of me and here it is plucking strings inside me. I don't want to let go of today and yet time does not listen me. It moves like a mad elephant. No brakes. As day surpassed, the sky brightened to whiter shade and I felt that I couldn't stop this. I couldn't stop earth to rotate this very moment and let the sun parked there at one point. No, no question of competing either. The sun, we worship..

I passed the day keeping a track of the constant rain. Several times I kept looking out from my office window space, and rain was in no stop. The clouds have engulfed the city to no escape. They are full of water. While coming back from the work, I let go of the umbrella and looked up in the sky. There were water droplets parading down from above. I saw the angular motion of pointy drops. They fell on the earth and disappear into a continuum of wet dynamic.

I have bought myself a pair of black rubber sandals. No, my leather shoes I couldn't wear. As I walked free, I stepped on the water puddles and the child inside me made me jump over it. It made the water splashed. I saw nostalgic paper boats floating over it. I couldn't care less. Oops, I thought, it is still near my office space. What if some colleague saw the child inside of me? I faked an adult and serviced an auto-rickshaw. The evening continued. Sky turned dark blue. I reached home and cooked myself hot dal khichdi.

--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek