A day at finding a flat at Mumbai


I had only heard about the situation of finding flats at Mumbai. Well, call it 'The' Mumbai. I have been hearing all kind of scary stories. I have taken several suggestions. When you are first time to live here, you got to listen people's voices. It helps in segregating the perspectives, because what is at cost, is HUGE cost. My office space is situated at Andheri. That's one of the most posh area and thus also one of the most expensive as well. To think about affording a flat here is quiet a sin, that I committed too. Nevertheless I enjoyed the process. 

I started my day with peace. I downloaded multiple applications including 99acres & NoBrokers. Post the immediate lockdown phase, since many people had migrated back to their native places, owners of the properties had given their own phone numbers in 99acres. Last time when I was searching for a flat at Pune, I could do many broker free inquiries. It's not like that now. The business is prospering with people coming back in places. Also, NoBrokers would ask for subscription fees after few trials.

I checked the properties and based on my priorities, also made few calls. That helped in building me a base. We could learn what is the normal trend of rent in the market. We can judge what is the quality we are getting out of money been put in. How accommodative is the place?.. and so on.

Paying Guest PG is a nice try as well. It's less investment since security deposit is not there. For someone who is not planning to spend a quality time at home, it's cool. They provide us with locker and cupboard. But we need to live with complete strangers. If we are fortunate, those become lifelong friends in future.. I have realized that for someone who is a student, it's more convenient. Later, we develope priorities and with that the requirement of privacy arise.

I spent my entire day walking 20000 steps around the locations I nailed down to. Some startling points we can note:

> Security deposit is on the cloud. Think in range of 50k to 1 L for a 1 RK flat.
> Living by yourself is a dream. You need to be privileged to afford.
> Properties rate are atleast twice/thrice than what we found at Pune, Hyderabad & etc such lesser metro cities. I see that Delhi is cheaper in this regards!
> Walk-ins at traditional brokers is still a safer & trustworthy option to get the flat. I second it since it includes a greater physical interaction and thus everything is clearer.

Reaching back, I feel damn tired, little blues having to spend a huge amount on renting and some satisfaction that I completed the task! I interacted with many people. My location still involve an atleast 40 mins of journey to reach my workplace.. That's how it is. Mumbai!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek