A sudden pour - Pune

At around 9'O clock in the evening, it started to rain heavily at Pune. I was situated at a busy old market near the famous Shaniwar Wada. Clouds burst over the city in serious melancholy. There was no warning. People were caught in their act.

There was thunder. Some stood at a nearby shed. Some had already been drenched that they don't have to hide anywhere. But who sings in the rain? People. Passing by excited, swirling their shoulders in no worries.

In soon time, we knew that it's no normal pour. We knew that it's not gonna stop. The pace was not lessening. It was constant. It brought confusion.. Humans stood in quiet adore. We waited without alternative. 

Clogging had started. Roads had thick layer of water over them. Traffic came to a halt.. At some places, electricity went off. Such moments create a little panic in the heart. We tend to remember our comfort zone. I missed the coziness of my home. As I touched the water, I found it cold.

I saw people standing together under a shed and smiling back at each other. We had a commonness. Rain was our shared concern. I experienced empathy and compassion.

When it did not stop for long, I walked towards the nearest bus station. At a point, it was knee deep while I was crossing the road. There were few stranded vehicles in the middle of the road. I had a kind realisation of our tininess. The sky looked darker, roads emptier, space wider...

Few people stood waiting for the bus. It did arrive. It was clocking 11:30... We were boarded safely..

--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek