On a little ride

Not showcasing a fantasy travel. Today I sit at a bus station in a Tier 4 town and await my bus, while also keeping a track of the work. It's different than sitting inside the AC office. In the Indian ground, you sweat, & get dusty. You also see the interior landscapes, greenery, gray clouds scattered over the horizon, rivers & people.

People, as I said, they humble you sometimes. I boarded a public bus and I am accompanied by an underweight looking woman. She is carrying a naked baby on her hands and in a while started breastfeeding him. She has two other kids clasping around her. Their feet are dusty and they look tired. One of them has spots in her skin. They are traveling from Bengal & coming to her husband who is ill. She looks desperate for reaching destination and keeps asking me the remaining distance..

Bus started and in some time I got a kind request from the person sitting behind me. She has covered her face with a white cloth, and also wearing black glasses. The passenger besides him told me that her face got medically operated and the wind from the outside should be regulated. I slided the window closed. The masked woman nodded and I can't notice her expression.

Passing a lifetime since childhood, when started to live in an urban city, tending to believe that the world has quickly moved forward, that we have modernised sooner. It seems illusory of space. Change does not look that fast. Things are slower back at the smaller towns. It's a dilemma how should they be. I can say that I find comfort in the ways things were back when I was younger.. Maybe I don't know... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Shanti Bhavan - Nagpur

Bring the kid or not

Ride and the Kalsubai Trek